Wednesday 7 October 2009

Lara Fabian - Sings 'Caruso' (Live)- Love Personified

Our lives are too short to find every thing of beauty on this earth. If we lived a thousand years I guess we would still say something similar.

I've now found another thing of beauty; my newest love. She has ripped my heart out. Caused my eyes to flood with tears. I am totally smitten, never to recover normality after hearing this heavenly voice singing such a heart-rending song.

Lara Fabian - I love you, love you, love you.

And you don't even know my name. Life is beautifully cruel, is it not? I wonder how many other hearts she holds captive today? Millions I guess.

She's so talented. I'd never heard of her before but found out on the web that she was born in Belgium on 9th January 1970 (she's Capricorn - same as I). She sings in French, Italian and Spanish - also Portugese and German, plus a little Flemish. Sold over 12million records.

And for all you lucky Canadians - she adopted your country and became a Canadian citizen in 1994.

Forgive me Lara Fabian for not finding you until now. I watched a film called 'One More Kiss' last night, about a girl returning to the UK as she was dying from cancer. One of the musical clips in the film was 'Caruso' sung by a good tenor. I searched for this song and found Lara!

I've heard Pavarotti sing it, Il Divo sing it and others - but none, in my mind, can touch the beauty and feeling she imparts in this version. I felt much the same when I first found Jacques Brel singing Ne Me Quitte Pas for the first time. Wonderful - and he was Belgique too!

19 comments:

DUTA said...

Hi Phillip,
I was just going to write a post on her singing Adagio by Albinoni.She's the only one that brings honor to this piece of classical music.

Her performance of ADAGIO and in fact of any other musical piece is a delight. She's got everything: voice, good sexy figure, talent.

PhilipH said...

You are SO right Duta. I've found her singing Adagio on youtube; it's beautiful.

Yes, this lady certainly has it all.

Tess Kincaid said...

Thanks for the introduction, Philip, Ms. Fabian is totally new to me. I can see why you like her! :)

nollyposh said...

WoW! That was powerful! Sighhhh...

nollyposh said...

Now you've done it! i've made myself a new playlist Lol! ~Thankyou~

ivan said...

Ah Jacques Brel. There was a talent.
And if Lara Fabian were to sing We're on a Carousel or The Pointillist song in any music hall, I'm sure she'd bring the place down.

The Bug said...

Nice! My husband forms attachments to other women too - his current flame is the female half of Pomplamoose. I just shake my head...

Brenda said...

There are certain singers and their styles that can really move you to tears. She is a beauty. I had not heard of her until now.

A human kind of human said...

I agree with you totally Phillip. One lifetime is much to little to find and enjoy all the beauty in this world... and yes, Lara Fabian is beautiful, and sounds even more beautiful.

Don't you sometimes wonder why, with all the beauty surrounding us, we still tend to harp on the ugly and negative?

Shadow said...

what a song to lara. love away!

the walking man said...

I am glad she isn't singing pop or country & western, It would be a downplay of her skill.

Anonymous said...

Lara Fabian is unparalleled. I've been a fan for a while.

Tess Kincaid said...

I would love to hear more about Mellerstain House and Lady Grisel Baillie. Perhaps you would consider telling us a deliciously hair raising tale?

Stella Jones said...

Ach, you're just a big softie aren't you! She has a lovely voice and you can't ever get enough emotion in this life. By the way, aren't we European women wonderful?
Blessings, Star

PhilipH said...

Many thanks to you all for your response to this Lara Fabian video. I've calmed down now after listening to her singing her heart out.

Land of shimp said...

It's Sunday morning, and I'm catching up with the blogs. Just saying, it seems particularly fitting to listen to someone with a nearly divine gift, on a Sunday morning.

What a beautiful voice, and how lucky are we to live in the age of mass media, and be able to hear it in the far flung corners of the globe?

Sometimes the number of beautiful, wondrous things available to us at the click of a mouse just absolutely staggers me. Thanks, as always, for helping us to find one of them!

Jo said...

What an exquisite voice. And here she lives in Canada, and I had not heard of her until now. Thank you!

alaine@éclectique said...

Completely understand your smitten-ness! I came to your site from Duta's.

I share a birth date with Lara, 9th January but, sadly, that's all now.

I'll visit again soon. Meanwhile, I'm going to look Jacques Brel up.

lovelyprism said...

Beautiful :-)