Thursday 8 September 2022

Queen Elizabeth II - Very Poorly. The End of Her Long Reign?

The Queen's family are all joining her at her home in Balmoral, Scotland.  

Her Majesty's doctors have issued a statement regarding her health and well-being and the BBC are watching and waiting at the gates of Balmoral Castle for the arrivals of the many family members, all en route via aircraft to be at the Queen's side.

It will be a sad day in Great Britain, the Commonwealth and many countries worldwide.


6 comments:

PhilipH said...

We shall not see your like ever again

Winifred said...

Yes we will all miss her she was unique.

PhilipH said...

Absolutely, Winifred. I'm just watching her coronation; one of her Ladies-in-waiting I could see was Lady Mary Haddington, sister of my old boss Lord John Haddington, 13th Earl of Haddington, great memories. Sorry I couldn't comment on your blog; I seem to be unable to sign in or something??

Snowbrush said...

I wish I had read this before I wrote, because I really did know how her death would strike you.

PhilipH said...

Thanks Snowy. Although we all knew she was fragile her death was sudden. One day she was shaking hands with a departing Prime Minister, BoJo, and soon after the new PM, Liz T, was being asked by HM Lizzy to take on the job. Seems this might have been a tad too onerous for the 96 year old monarch. God Save the King! He might need some help to be accepted by many of his 'subjects', together with Queen Camilla. Could this be the beginning of the end of Monarchy in the UK? Hmm ...I wonder.

DUTA said...

It seems she had a peaceful death; she died in her sleep.
My condolences to the British people and to those of the Commonwealth countries!