Monday 13 April 2015

Chronicle of a Croydon Boy: The Sort of Stroke Flossie did NOT Want!


Again I am in a reflective frame of mind, caused by a friend of ours who lives in Eastbourne who sent us a photo of her dear departed pet called Bonnie.  Bonnie reminded me of another old canine friend of mine called Flossie, owned by Alice who then resided in the East Lodge cottage at Mellerstain.  Flossie was a simply divine and beautiful Border Collie whom I loved so much about five years ago.  Here's a video I took of Flossie when she was recovering from a stroke.  I hope it still plays OK even though poor Flossie no longer plays on the green green grass of Mellerstain.


Chronicle of a Croydon Boy: The Sort of Stroke Flossie did NOT Want!

6 comments:

The Bug said...

I remember Flossie! Thanks for sharing her again...

PhilipH said...

Hi Dana, nice to see you again. I hope you and Doc are doing well.

All Consuming said...

What a beauty she was too. My sister had a similar looking dog called 'Hobbes' after 'Calvin and Hobbes', he lived until the age of 17 I believe. They give us so, so much joy. *smiles * x

PhilipH said...

They sure do M. So much joy, and heartache.

Sparkling Red said...

I couldn't see the video, but I'm sure that she was lovely. If only doggies and kitties had longer lifespans. It's so hard to say goodbye to them.

PhilipH said...

So very, very true Sparkling.